Want 7 proven steps on how to become a software engineering manager? Or what about an effective communication tool to track your teams progress over time? Listen in as we answer these questions and explore ways to grow your career with actionable steps, become a more effective engineering manager, tips on giving effective feedback and much more.
Our guest today, Mitra (pronounced Myth-raa) Raman, is a Sr. Engineering Manager at Glossier in New York City. She is always posting great actionable advice on twitter and is a force of nature becoming an Engineering leader and manager in just two years after graduating from Carnegie Mellon University with a bachelors in computer science.
She has worked at Amazon, has founded her own direct to consumer business - The Buttermilk company, managed an engineering team at Ro, has consulted for 10+ e-commerce businesses, is an angel investor, and was nominated for Geekwire’s Young Entrepreneur of the Year. In her free time she is a co-host on a podcast, writes product reviews, is a die hard Beyonce fan and a pop culture guru.
Connect with Mitra
Show notes and helpful resources:
- Steps Mitra took to become an engineering manager in 2 years after college
- Join the Twitter Engineering Manager community
- Engineering Advice You Didn’t Ask for Podcast
- Book Mitra for 1:1 consultations
- A Portfolio of Small Bets - Daniel Vassallo - An online course
- ThingTesting Company
- Mitra’s guide to giving great feedback
- Mitra’s guide to giving weekly updates
- Goodbye Buttermilk! A story of why Mitra shut down her first startup: The Buttermilk company
- Turn your recipes into an online business - Step-by-step guide
- Sign up for Mitra’s Pop Culture For Dummies Newsletter or listen to her recently released podcast version of Pop Culture For Dummies Podcast
- Sign up for Mitra’s reviews of products and brands - The Honest Tester
Building something cool or solving interesting problems? Want to be on this show? Send me an email at email@example.com
Podcast produced by Unfiltered Build - dream.design.develop.