Production is down!! Faulty code was released!! Users are losing your trust by the second!! Ugh, how did this happen and how could this have been prevented? By writing the right tests! Today, Jedi test master, Kent C. Dodds, joins us as we discuss all things testing, from the types of tests in your tool belt, how to write the right tests, when to run them, tools you can and should use, and ways to ensure your tests are performant.
Kent has 11 brothers and sisters (6 boys and 6 girls), is an Eagle Scout, listens to books/podcasts at not 2x but 3x speed and has never had a sip of coffee or alcohol. When Kent is not teaching the world about software or spending time with his family he is cruising around on his onewheel or snowboarding. Prepare to become a Jedi test master!!
Connect with Kent
Show Notes and useful resources:
- The Testing Trophy blog post
- Why I never use shallow rendering blog post
- Avoid the test user blog post
- Making your UI tests resilient to change blog post
- Common mistakes with React Testing Library blog post
- Migrate from Enzyme to Testing Library documentation
- How to know what to test blog post
- Business and engineering alignment blog post
- Playwright - End-2-End testing library
- Vitest testing framework
Building something cool or solving interesting problems? Want to be on this show? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Podcast produced by Unfiltered Build - dream.design.develop.